These homemade crispy Airfryer Lid Onion Rings are so delicious that if you serve these as snacks, your guests will lick their fingers. These come out easily in no time and are best served as snacks. Kids are sure to love these crunchy onion rings. You can also serve these crispy onion rings as a side with your favorite steak or Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin.
Can You make Crispy Onions without Air Fryer Lid?
Yes, you certainly can. To add a little crisp, the best alternative for you is to bake the onion rings. Preheat oven to 425°F and bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Which Onion Should I Use?
You should use a Vidalia onion. Onion rings can be made with either white or yellow onions. Yellow onions have a milder flavor than white onions. I recommend using a sweeter onion for this recipe.
- While breading, keep a moist kitchen towel handy to wipe your hands. They’re going to become sticky!
- The batter made with buttermilk and flour will be fairly thick. This is very normal. The thick batter will aid in the creation of thick, crispy onion rings.
- 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon lemon can be used to make your own buttermilk.
- After breading the onion rings, you may have extra batter. The advised serving sizes are based on the amount of onion used, which is 12 ounces. Depending on the size of your onion, the number of servings necessary in the recipe may vary.
- Cook in batches if possible. This, believe me, will save you time and aggravation. If you stack the onion rings, they may cling together and take longer to cook. If you have a smaller air fryer, create the rings in batches if you want them to look nice.
- If you don’t want to use panko, regular breadcrumbs will suffice. Breadcrumbs that have been seasoned will also work.
- If you wish to reduce the carbs in this recipe, use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour and breadcrumbs instead of crushed pork rinds.
How can you Serve these Crispy Onion Rings?
To attract everyone’s attention in the room, drizzle melted butter on top of crispy onion rings. These delicate, crunchy Instant Pot Airfryer Lid Onion Rings are particularly delicious with dips and sauces.
Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram photographs if you prepare any of my recipes! I’m always interested in seeing what you’re working on!
Vegan, Vegetarian, Low fat
Instant Pot, Air Fryer lid, Easy, Appetizer, Snacks, Side Dish
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick rings
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Shower the Air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Now, crack in an egg and pour in the buttermilk. Gently stir until well combined.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs in a separate large bowl.
- Coat the onions with the flour-buttermilk mixture and then, dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the breaded onion rings to the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Arrange the onion rings in the Air fryer basket and move the basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Secure the Air fryer lid on the Instant Pot and Air Fry for about 10 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.2g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||43%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.5g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||11%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|