This easy and quick Instant Pot Shrimp Boil recipe is full of aroma and flavors. The best thing about this recipe is that it can be readied in only 40 minutes. This Shrimp Boil is a fail proof recipe that turns out perfect with the seafood, veggies, and sausages.
Why to Use the Instant Pot for this Shrimp Boil Recipe?
This Shrimp Boil is one of the most flavorful and easiest southern recipes to make. This classic meal is prepared in a very short time in the Instant Pot. The corn and potatoes are infused with the rich flavors of the shrimp and sausage. The seasonings, butter, and lemon sprinkled at the end enhances the power of the taste.
- SKIP THE SAUSAGE: If you don’t like meat, you can omit the sausages, and alternatively, increase the amount of shrimp or potatoes. But, this will not change the cooking times.
- FROZEN SHRIMP: Add 1 minute to your cook time if you have to use frozen shrimp.
- SPICIER: You can add hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes if you want your shrimp boil spicier.
- MORE SEAFOOD: If you are a seafood lover, you can enhance the amount of seafood, like crawfish. Even then, the time for cooking remains the same.
- SMOKE: You can add 1 teaspoon each of smoked paprika and liquid smoke for more authentic taste.
- SUBSTITUTE THE POTATOES: You can replace the potatoes with okra or sweet potatoes.
- ALCOHOL-FREE: You can omit the alcohol from this recipe and substitute with vegetable or chicken broth.
What is Best to Serve with This Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe?
Here are some simple side dishes that will go perfectly with this Shrimp Boil recipe.
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Macaroni Salad
- Sweet Cornbread
This easy and rapid Instant Pot Shrimp Boil recipe is encumbered with impeccably cooked jumbo shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn, followed by drenching in seasoned butter.
Calories: 404 kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 31 minutes
Total Time: 41 minutes
Lifestyle: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Celiac
Course: Seafood, Instant Pot, Lunch, Dinner, Easy, Main
- 13 oz. andouille sausage, smoked or cajun style, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1.5 lbs baby red potatoes
- 3 medium ears of corn, sliced in half
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons old bay seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 lbs shrimp, extra-large, frozen
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place the sausage, baby red potatoes, and corn ears on the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Combine 3 teaspoons of old bay seasoning with the chicken broth and cayenne pepper sauce in a small bowl. Pour this mixture in the Instant Pot and fasten the lid.
- Hit the “Pressure” button and cook for about 5 minutes at high pressure. Rest assured that the vent is closed.
- Unlock the vent to rapidly release the pressure and stir in the frozen shrimp along with the onions.
- Fasten the lid and again hit the “Pressure” button. Cook for 1 minute at high pressure and do the rapid pressure release.
- Throw away the excess liquid from the Instant Pot if desired, and transfer the mixture in a large tray.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon of old bay seasoning with garlic powder and melted butter.
- Pour this mixture over the dished out sausage, shrimp, potatoes, and corn.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.2g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6.5g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.7g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|
|Total Sugars 3.2g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg||20%|