This Instant Pot Boursin mac & cheese recipe is a family favorite comfort meal pasta recipe! In less than 10 minutes, you can have creamy, delectable homemade mac and cheese for dinner!
Delicious kid-friendly meal that you can make in your Instant Pot in no time! There are several upgrade possibilities for this Instant Pot Boursin mac & cheese dish if you want to get fancy. In approximately 12 minutes, you can have a delicious one-pot meal.
Can This Recipe Be Gluten Free?
Yes, this recipe can be gluten free, as the options for gluten free ingredients is given in this recipe.
Can I add chicken or beef?
Yes! You can add leftover cooked chicken or ground beef for extra protein.
Which type of pasta to use?
For this recipe, I would suggest using elbow macaroni or pipe rigate. You can use any short pasta variety with a similar cook time.
Mac and cheese doesn’t get any easier or cheesier than this one. This recipe is one of my favorites. Yes, I also enjoy our other Instant Pot recipes, which you can find here. Today, however, it’s all about the cheese. The golden dinner of nostalgic, creamy, simple elbow macaroni and melting cheese makes life better.
Don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram photographs if you prepare any of my recipes! I’m always interested in seeing what you’re working on!
Instant Pot, Easy, Party, Snack, Side Dish
- 1 pound elbow macaroni pasta (or gluten free pasta)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour (or gluten free all purpose flour)
- 8 ounces Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or gluten free breadcrumbs)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Select “Sauté” on the Instant Pot and add butter, garlic, and onions.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add dry pasta and water.
- Fasten the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Hit the “Manual” or “Pressure” button and cook for about 4 minutes at high pressure. Rest assured that the vent is closed.
- After 4 minutes, do the quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir in half and half, Boursin, cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Move the pasta to a greased casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven uncovered for 5-10 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33.2g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 20.9g||104%|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.3g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|
|Total Sugars 4g|