- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous, uncooked
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- ¼ cup dried currants
- 6 teaspoons dark brown sugar, divided
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- Put the milk in your Instant Pot and hit the “Sauté” button. Then press the “Adjust” button, so it is on the “More” setting. This means that it will now be sautéed over medium-high heat.
- When the Instant Pot indicator reads HOT, stir in the couscous, dried fruit, 4 teaspoons of brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Now, fasten the lid, press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button. Hit the “Manual” or “Pressure” button and cook for about 1 minute at high pressure. Rest assured that the vent is closed.
- After 1 minute, do the natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Unlock the vent to release the remaining pressure.
- Divide the couscous mixture in 4 serving bowls.
- Top with melted butter and remaining brown sugar evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.1g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.5g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||10%|
|Total Sugars 15.6g|
|Vitamin D 96mcg||482%|