What is Bolognese Sauce?
Bolognese (also known as Ragu alla Bolognese) is a slow-cooked meat sauce traditionally and was originated in the 1700s in an area of Italy, called Bologna. But, this is a supposed statement and different people have different theories about it.
Why This Recipe Will Work?
If you will make the Bolognese in traditional way, it will take a long time to simmer on the stovetop. It is very easy to make this delicious dinner in the Instant Pot for the whole family, so you do not need to cause chaos in the entire kitchen.
This modification of the Spaghetti Bolognese recipe makes it simple and speedy to cook in the Instant Pot. You will be amazed to see how quickly and flavorful this recipe turns out.
How to Serve Spaghetti Bolognese?
You can serve this special Spaghetti Bolognese as it is. But, if you want the twist, you can serve it with some grilled veggies or over the classic garden salad with Italian dressing. You can even serve this Spaghetti Bolognese with Chinese chicken with gravies, like Chicken Manchurian, Chicken Chili, Kung Pao Chicken, etc.
How to Utilize Leftover Bolognese Sauce?
You can always make more Bolognese sauce and save it for later use. Here are some of the ways in which you can use your Bolognese sauce.
- There are some ways to use the leftover Bolognese sauce. One option is to make another batch of Spaghetti Bolognese.
- Cold Bolognese sauce is great in a cottage or Shepherd’s pie.
- You can fry the Bolognese sauce with Tex-Mex spices and use it as a filling for burritos or tacos.
- You can make a more Asian-inspired dish if you add some ginger, garlic, and soy sauce to the Bolognese sauce and serve it with rice.
- You can also fry the Bolognese sauce in the pan for about 10 minutes on low heat until the extra liquid is evaporated. Add some BBQ or Worcestershire sauce and make Sloppy Joes out of it.
This version of Spaghetti Bolognese in the Instant Pot is out of the world with a rich meaty sauce. Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano at the end is the cherry on top.
Calories: 452 kcal
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Course: Pasta, Beef, Pork, Instant Pot, Lunch, Dinner, Easy, Main
- 1-1/2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 lb. beef chuck, ground
- 4-ounce pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (28-ounce) tomatoes, puréed
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 14-ounce spaghetti, boiled
- 1/2 lb. pork, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Put the olive oil in your Instant Pot and hit the “Sauté” button. Then press the “Adjust” button, so it is on the “More” setting. This means that it will now be sautéed over high heat.
- When the Instant Pot indicator reads HOT, add the onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently until the veggies are browned lightly.
- Transfer the pancetta along with the ground beef, pork, half teaspoon black pepper, and one teaspoon salt in the Instant Pot. Sauté for about 6 minutes until the ground meat is lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add red wine if the meat bits stick the pot and scrape with the wooden spatula. Let it simmer for approximately 3 minutes until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the tomato purée, half of the parsley, and water in the Instant Pot.
- Fasten the lid, keeping the knob in sealing position and hit the “Pressure” button. Cook for about 20 minutes at high pressure and do the quick pressure release.
- Hit the “Sauté” button. Then press the “Adjust” button, so it is on the “Less” setting. Bring to a simmer and sauté for about 8 minutes, until the desired thickness is attained.
- Put heavy cream, nutmeg, and remaining parsley in the Instant Pot. Dust with salt and black pepper and adjust to taste.
- Finally, stir in the boiled spaghetti and top with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.8g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.9g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 4.6g|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||10%|